The window is one of the most important components in the modern home as it separates us from the environment outside but at the same time it connects us with it – it protects us from the elements but it lets in the light and warmth in our home; it blocks the city noise but it gives us visibility to the world around us. That is why the most logical choice for us is to make that connection between us and the outside world in a natural way. The wooden joinery is exactly this natural connection. It provides comfort, beauty and protection at the same time.
Characteristics of Famoso Line wooden windows
- Profile – three-layer or four-layer glued profile of different types (Pine, Spruce, Larch, Meranti, Oak). The timber has its defects removed and has passed the highest quality criteria.
- Hardware – along the entire circumference of the window flame we use an architectural hardware Maco Multi-matic or Roto which presses the leaf to the frame by several locking points.
- Glazing – single-chamber and double-chamber glazings with thickness from 24 mm to 50 mm depending on the selected series. A wide range of glass combinations that meet all requirements.
- Surface coating – high quality acrylic paint, varnish and natural oil thanks to which the coating has a flawless appearance and easy mentenance.
- Accessories – all additional materials used in the products of Famoso Line Ltd. are of high quality guaranteed by established European manufacturers.
WOODEN WINDOWS SYSTEM IV-68
Frame and leaf thickness: 68 mm
Single-chamber glazing: 24-30 mm
Two rubber seals
Thermal transmittance: Uw = 1.1 W/m2.K
Sound reduction: up to 38 dB
WOODEN WINDOWS SYSTEM IV-78
Frame and leaf thickness: 78 mm
Double-chamber glazing: 36-44 mm
Two rubber seals
Thermal transmittance: Uw = 0.8 W/m2.K
Sound reduction: up to 40 dB
WOODEN WINDOWS SYSTEM IV-92
Frame and leaf thickness: 92 mm
Double-chamber glazing: 48-50 mm
Three rubber seals
Thermal transmittance: Uw = 0.65 W/m2.K
Sound reduction: up to 44 dB
Windows with opening to the outside
Frame and leaf thickness: 68 mm
Single-chamber glazing: 24 mm
Two rubber seals
Thermal transmittance: Uw ≥ 1.1 W/m2.K
Sound reduction: до 36 dB
Regarding the windows, entrance doors and shutters we can offer their production of different types of wood imported from Germany, Austria and Lithuania – White Pine, Larch, Meranti, Eucalyptus, Mahogany, Oak, Walnut and others in the form of three-layer, four-layer and multilayer glued wood. The profiles are certified according to DIN EN 204-D4 and FSC / PEFC and MTCC. Here are some of the most popular types of wood that we use the most:
- White Pine – soft coniferous wood. This is the most budget-friendly version of wood but nevertheless the profiles are of high quality and consist of selected slats.
- Mernati – soft tropical wood related to the Mahogany. It’s widely used in the southern countries – Spain, Italy, Greece, but it’s also suitable for a climate with large annual temperature amplitudes.
- Siberian Larch – hard coniferous wood. It has a much denser structure than Pine and although its pattern is similar it is distinctly more condensed. It is most suitable for cold and mountain climate as well as for places with high humidity.
- Oak – hard deciduous wood. The most desired but also the most expensive wood, suitable for both cold and warm climate. Oak has a very dense structure which makes the products quite heavy.
In general, our windows work equally well no matter the wood species. You will not feel a difference in the exploitation of the products. What is seen as a difference is the pattern of the wood when varnish and natural oil is used.
The physical and mechanical properties of the wood depend on its humidity. When the wood is dried, at first the capillary moisture is released then the hygroscopic moisture evaporates whereby the volume of the wood decreases and its strength increases. The timber is fried to a moisture content of 12% after which the sawn material is ready for further processing. The construction of the multilayer profile prevents any distortion and ensures dimensional accuracy. In addition, before gluing all the defects are removed and such a profile is more durable. Each stage of processing has its own purpose regarding the function. Wood treatment involves impregnation, priming, painting/varnishing or straight oiling.
What is required for the maintenance of wooden windows?
The coatings that “Famoso Line” works with are high-quality water-based varnishes
and paints as well as natural oils. With proper maintenance the wooden surface will
remain fresh and protected for decades. Maintenance is required only on the outside
and depending on the sunshine, the frequency is different – south, south-west and
south-east façades require more frequent maintenance. North façades require less
frequent maintenance. It is recommended that these activities be carried out in spring
or autumn, as the temperatures should be average. Depending on the surface finish
the joinery should be maintained as follows:
– In the case of varnish or paint coating – the so-called “caring milk for wooden
surfaces” should be acquired. The joinery must be wiped from the dust and
with the help of an ordinary sponge the product is applied to the wooden
surface. For heavily sunlit façades, this is necessary once every 2-3 years for
lacquer coating and once every 3-4 years for paint coating. For northern
facades, the frequency may be once every 5 years.
– In the case of a natural oil coating – after wiping the windows from the dust,
apply the same natural oil with which the joinery was treated in the factory. To
preserve its color and freshness the natural oil should be applied once every 2
years, but in general we recommend application every year, especially on
sides which are exposed to strong sunlight.
As of durability, dark varnishes are the most vulnerable, followed by light varnishes.
The white paint is the most durable because it fully covers the wood and the white
color reflects the sun, unlike dark colors that absorb it.
The maintenance of the surface coating is extremely easy, but nevertheless it is
necessary and should not be neglected or postponed. However, if you prefer to save
yourself any maintenance there is a way. Placing an aluminum facing (CENTRUM
series) on the outside saves all worries as it completely protects the surface coating
from the sun, rain and snow. However, it is installed while the joinery is still in the
factory and must be planned before the production begins.
What is the difference between the “CLASSIC” and the “HERITAGE” series?
The difference is in the shape of the section of the wooden profile and the glass
With the “CLASSIC” series, the shape of the section is straight, without unnecessary
shaping along the edge of the profile. This makes it clean and modern, suitable for
buildings where a simpler form is sought.
In the “HERITAGE” series, there is a milling along the edge of the profile and glass
holders which forms a “curly” edge. This is typical for the old windows and doors in
buildings from the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s. This series is very suitable for buildings
which are monuments of culture or for those where the preservation of the authentic
appearance of the joinery is of great importance.
On plan, the differences can be seen in the two section views shown below.
What are the advantages of the wooden windows over the plastic ones?
The durability of the wooden window frames is higher. The plastic material ages and
changes color (yellowing), especially under the UV rays of the sun. The use of PVC
profiles predisposes to the formation of condensation. The colors are strictly defined,
according to the catalogue and the choice is much limited than in the case of wooden
How much do the wooden windows cost?
The price of wooden windows depends on many factors – wood, ways of opening,
system (double/triple glazing), type of rain drip, presence or absence of additional
divisions (dividers) in the window, type of glass in the glazing, presence or absence
of wooden ornaments on the windows. Therefore, the price is calculated by software
after you provide us with approximate dimensions and preferences. For this purpose,
you can use the contact form or send us a message with the necessary information
to the e-mail indicated in the “contacts” section.